It's August, it's humid and sometimes we need fun ways to hydrate ourselves this summer. We created this recipe for all you lolly lovers who love making your own but have no time to. Our #MelonSpaPop is so easy to make and tastes delicious. We like to make these the night before with really ripe melons to have in the morning for breakfast!
INGREDIENTS (to make 8)
- Half a cantaloupe or melon (as ripe as possible)
- 1/4 cucumber
- Cucumber slices
- Unrefined cane sugar or sweetener alternatives (if your melon isn't ripe)
- In a blender, throw in all ingredients except for the cucumber slices.
- Pour into mould, leaving a 1cm gap at the top (lolly mix will expand when put into the freezer).
- Gently slide cucumbers slices, leaving no air bubbles in the mix.
- Cover the mould with foil or cling film, and poking it to leave space for lolly sticks.
- Insert sticks.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours!
LICKALIX TIP! For a more creamy base, try blending with coconut milk!
Brought to you by the guys and gals who make natural, healthy, handmade and organic ice lollies using real whole fruit that are lactose, gluten and dairy free. Keep posted for more blogs and let us know if there is anything you would like us to write about!