Since we've laünched BABY CÜBES, Karis wanted to share all the ways she uses our little timesavers in meals for her little boy, Rocco. She's a massive fan of batch cooking to save her time because life can get a little crazy as a full-time mum running her own business. She freezes these bad boys and cooks them up when needed for lunch or dinner, then serves with potatoes and extra greens. It's the ultimate delicious timesaver, we promise it's nutritious and so tasty!
We don't add salt to these burgers but mums can also make extra for the WHOLE family and add a little more seasoning to the adult burgers.
**We've included vegan/vegetarian options for families who choose not to serve meat.**
- 1kg minced chicken (for vegans/vegetarians replace with tofu, beans, lentils or jackfruit)
- 4 veg orange baby cübes (butternut squash, sweet potato, carrot)
- 1 finely grated carrot
- 1 finely grated parsnip
- 1 finely grated onion
- 2 handfuls of breadcrumbs/semolina
- 1 beaten egg if needed (for vegans/vegetarians replace with apple sauce)
- Flour for coating
- Makes about 14 large burgers or 28 small burgers
- Combine minced chicken, baby cübes, carrot, parsnip, onion, herbs, beaten egg, breadcrumbs into a large bowl. Make sure to have clean hands as it's much easier to mix all ingredients with hands.
- Keep adding breadcrumbs/semolina as needed.
- Extra veggies are optional. If you don't have time just add more baby cübes.
- Coat baking tray with olive oil or butter.
- Make mixture into burger shapes and coat in flour.
- Place on the baking tray and leave in freezer until nearly frozen or completely frozen. We batch cook and freeze to make lives that much easier and we freeze them before we cook because it tastes much better when cooked from original mixture rather than microwaving.
- Take a chicken burger and defrost in the morning or cook right away from freezer (just cook for longer). We like to cut it in half and butterfly the burger so that it cooks evenly.
- Let cool down and serve with veg and potatoes on the side!
Brought to you by the guys and gals who make natural, healthy, handmade and organic ice lollies using real whole fruit that are lactose, gluten and dairy free.
For loads more great family recipes whether you are weaning your baby for the first time or feeding a whole bunch of kids and adults together head over to our website for more fun and yummy ideas: http://www.lickalix.com. BABY CÜBES are frozen organic cubes of natural goodness made to help busy mums and dads get more fruit and veg into little one's meals. They're available here on Ocado!
Keep posted for more blogs and let us know if there is anything you would like us to write about!
#LITTLETIMESAVERS #BABYCÜBES #LICKALIX