If you are unsure of what to do in the cold November months look no further. We here at Lickalix have accumulated some of the best and most festive events to go to this month. So without further adieu here is our list of 11 happenings London has to offer in November.
1. For all of you that just can't wait for Christmas, start the festive season early by going to Oxford Street on the 1st of November to witness the switching on of the traditional Christmas lights and decorations.
2. Earlier on the 1st you should take the time to watch the start of the Veteran Car Run where over 500 vehicles will race from London all the way to Brighton. As you might have guessed this is not an ordinary race though, that's because all the cars competing were built before 1905! So make sure to head over to Hyde Park in order to marvel at the over 110 year old vintage classics.
3. November 5th is commonly known as Guy Fauwkes Day and celebrates the failed attempt to assassinate King James I by blowing up Westminster Palace in 1605. Like every year there will be multiple bonfires and firework displays all throughout London, so don't miss out on this event!
4. One of the things we really want to do this month is attend the Underground Film Club in the Vaults underneath Waterloo station. You can go watch anything from classics like Casablanca to new movie releases from the 11th to the 26th of this month. Make sure to book tickets in advance so you wont miss out!
5. Another go to for all you Christmas fans out there is the Christmas lights turning on in Carnaby Street. So head over there on November 12th to witness their crazy festive decorations being revealed and to take part in the following festivities. There will be DJ's, live music, free foods and drinks as well as a special 20% discount in over 100 stores and restaurants for all of those registering online. So head over there to get into the holiday spirit and possibly get some gifts early this year :)
6. Watch over 6,000 people march in the 800th anniversary of the Lord Mayors Show on the 14th of November. According to the website there is a spacial surprise in store this year so don't miss out on all the marching bands, acrobats and decorated floats and of course the chance to catch a glimpse of the Lord Mayor himself.
7. Starting on the 14th up until the 23rd of November EFG London is hosting a Jazz festival in over 60 locations all across the city. Make sure to check out the schedule to see some of over 2,500 artists perform in over 250 different shows.
8. From the 18th of November till the 10th of January you have the chance to ice skate in the large skating rink right in the courtyard of Somerset house. With this magnificent backdrop it is almost impossible not to get into the festive holiday spirit so don't miss out on this one!
9. All you foodies should definitely make sure to go to Taste of London Winter which is held on the weekend of the 19th to 22nd. This year the event will be held in the Tobacco Docks in East London and features various master chefs cooking up seasonal dishes as well as restaurants signature dishes. You can also attend interactive master classes and taste test cheese, wine and chocolate as well as sample unique ingredients.
10. Anyone that loves Japanese culture should get tickets to the Hyper Japan Christmas Market which is on from the 27th and 29th of November. Browse through stalls selling anything from traditional Japanese food, sweets and tableware to fashion, manga, wrapping paper and music.
11. Foodies Festival Christmas is a food event held in the old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane between November 27th and 29th as well. So make sure to get tickets in order to spend the day tasting various culinary delights and innovations!
Which one of these events would you like to attend? Is there any we missed? We are always looking for new fun things to do and appreciate all your insider tips so feel free to leave them in the comments below.
If you need more inspiration for things to do in the colder months check out this (soon to be uploaded) blog post about 10 Autumn Activities to do this season :)
Brought to you by the guys and gals who make natural, healthy, handmade, ice lollies using real fruit that are lactose, gluten and dairy free. Keep posted for more blogs and let us know if there is anything you would like us to write about!